FACEBOOK MESSENGER ETIQUETTE
- FACEBOOK MESSENGER ETIQUETTE….How to have quality Conversations with Strangers on Facebook vis-a-vis how you would do Offline (as we did, when we met this lovely couple in Jaipur, recently…)#rajnishandrajni
- When you know better you do better. I can honestly say when I first started I would spam my company links in people’s Messneger inboxes.
- It didn’t take me long to realize this was not the way to build my business. Not to mention it felt icky
- If you are serious about building a strong network of quality people you must learn some basic communication skills.
- I love what the online world has done for Entreprenuers. At the same time for many it is used as an excuse to not engage people like a human being.
- Do you know what it feels like when someone dumps an unsolicited link? If feels like a one way Conversation.
- It’s like someone you meet face to face that has verbal diarrhea and doesn’t give you an opportunity to respond or get one word in.
- If this is your practice how long do you think your business will truly last on Social Media doing this?
- Consider this…when you go to the mall does the sale rep shove merchandise in your hands and say “Here, take this gift”?
….that would be a bit strange wouldn’t it? No hello, not one question asking HOW CAN I HELP YOU #rajnishandrajni
This is a huge problem, and one of the reasons Network Marketing gets a bad reputation. Be a part of the solution, not the problem. Here are some tips on how you can be the solution.
- AVOID SHARING UNSOLICITED INFORMATION: If the person has not raised their hand, or given you permission to send them your link don’t send it.
- ASK QUESTIONS: How do you know that person would even want that information if you have never asked one question to understand their pain point? The answers to the questions tell you what you can offer that would most meet the person’s want or need.
- AVOID SENDING A FRIEND REQUEST SOLELY TO PITCH PEOPLE: This is a relationship business, and if you don’t like relationships, Social Media and this profession is not for you.
- AVOID USING YOUR SCRIPTS ON OTHER ENTREPRENUERS: This one confuses me the most. These tactics don’t work, and it’s actually embarassing when you spam another Entreprenuer and leader. If you asked a QUESTION you would know who you are talking to versus just doing a drive by message with your links.
- You have quality Conversations by asking questions that lead into what people really want and need.
- Don’t get lost in “chit chat land” as that is a waste of time. However you can be human and direct at the same time.
- Don’t assume everyone wants your info.
- I hope this helps. It’s an ongoing issue that Facebook is cracking down on. I would hate to see you blocked, or worse your account closed down because you are a repeat offender #rajnishandrajni.
- If you know someone this could help tag them in the comments or feel free to share.